A.T. Still Missouri School of Dentistry and Oral Health
The advanced standing international dentist track at A.T. Still University's Missouri School of Dentistry & Oral Health (ATSU-MOSDOH) is designed to enable qualified dentists educated outside the United States to earn a doctor of dental medicine (DMD) degree following successful completion of a five-semester (28.5 months) didactic and clinical program.
After successful completion of a special semester-long didactic and clinical simulation course, the international dentist students will join ATSU-MOSDOH’s traditional cohort of students in the D3 and D4 years, culminating in the award of the DMD degree. ATSU-MOSDOH's clinic, referred to as the St. Louis Dental Center, is operated as a unique partnership between ATSU and a Federally Qualified Health Center - Affinia Healthcare. The St. Louis Dental Center at 1500 Park Avenue, St. Louis, MO, is situated in an area of St. Louis with a high proportion of underserved people. In addition, the unique partnership with Affinia Healthcare ensures access to underserved patients from across the human lifespan and availability of adequate patient experiences for all students to achieve ATSU-MOSDOH’s stated clinical competencies within a reasonable time. This patient pool is more than adequate to support the addition of 10 students to the predoctoral program.
|Application Open Date
|March 7, 2024
|August 1, 2024
|Program Start Date
|January 6, 2025
|Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or hold U.S. legal permanent resident status (green card)
Required Standardized Tests
- Requires supplemental application
- Requires supplemental fee
Citizenship and Immigration Eligibility
Eligible applicants must be US citizens or permanent residents (must have green card with green card number).
Transcript Evaluation and Instructions
Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE), World Education Services (WES)
Transcripts from all Post-Graduate programs attended.
Letters of Evaluation Instructions
The track requires three letters of recommendation. Two letters are from dental professionals, one being from a supervisor or shadowing dentist. The second should be from another dental professional. The third letter must be from a supervisor of a community service organization in which the applicant was involved.
TOEFL Requirement Instructions
All students are required to demonstrate proficiency in English when applying to A.T. Still University. Written and spoken proficiency in the English language may be demonstrated by one of the following options:
- If English is your primary Language, no action is needed
- If you graduated from a US Department of Education Institutionally accredited four-year university or college in the United States (minimum BA or BS) no action is needed.
- If either of the above is not accurate, then English language proficiency must be shown by submitting acceptable scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). A minimum score of 90 is required on the TOEFL. Only computer-based TOEFL scores are accepted. (No paper-based.) Only scores from TOEFL exams taken after July 1, 2020, will be considered. Scores from exams taken before July 1, 2020, will not be considered. The home-based TOEFL is also acceptable. A.T. Still University's institutional code is 0339.
National Board Requirement Instructions
Other Requirement Instructions
Past or current Dental license from the country from which you practiced.