University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine
|Application Open Date
|September 22, 2023
|February 16, 2024
|Program Start Date
|January 1, 2025
|Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or hold U.S. legal permanent resident status (green card)
Required Standardized Tests
- Requires supplemental application
- Requires supplemental fee
Transcript Evaluation and Instructions
Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE)
Letters of Evaluation Instructions
- You must submit only 3 (three) recommendations.
- Recommendations that speak to your recent specific clinical skills, academic skills, and personal strengths are considered the most valuable.
- It is important for the admission committee to get a sense of all your dental experiences, both US and non-US, from your recommendations. Thus, recommendations from faculty, internship/preceptorship leaders, health profession employers, and observerships are suggested.
- The best recommendations are those that give an in-depth and specific description of the applicant's current or recent clinical dental skills and accomplishments, dental knowledge base, patient management skills, work ethic, personality, personal skills, character, and reliability.
- Recommendations that highlight different aspects of you and show you are well-rounded are also valued.
- Recommendations from organized bench prep groups are not considered particularly valuable.
TOEFL Requirement Instructions
All applicants must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). CU SDM ISP does not make any exceptions for this criteria even for those who are citizens or those who did schooling in an English-speaking country. A score of 94 or higher on the TOEFL is required. CU SDM ISP will accept TOEFL iBT Home Edition.
National Board Requirement Instructions
Other Requirement Instructions
Applicants must take the Casper Assessment.