University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine
|Program Length||29 months|
|Application Open Date||March 9, 2023|
|Application Deadline||June 1, 2023|
|Program Start Date||January 2, 2024|
|Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or hold U.S. legal permanent resident status (green card)||No|
Required Standardized Tests
- Requires supplemental application
- Requires supplemental fee
Citizenship and Immigration Eligibility
Residency Status — Penn Dental Medicine is only accepting applications from those students who currently reside in the U.S./Canada and hold a valid visa status to reside, study, or work in the U.S.
Transcript Evaluation and Instructions
Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE)
Official copy of a Course-By-Course Evaluation conducted by ECE (Educational Credential Creditors). The Course-By-Course evaluation report provides the U.S. equivalence of each educational credential plus a list of courses taken and their U.S. and grade equivalents. It also identifies upper level courses and grade point averages.
Letters of Evaluations Instructions
Three letters of evaluation— one letter must come from the dean or director of the applicant’s dental school on letterhead stationery with signature. One letter must come from a faculty member of the same institution on letterhead stationery with signature. One letter must come from a faculty member, dental professional, or a work supervisor on letterhead stationery with signature.
TOEFL Requirement Instructions
An official TOEFL score is required for all applicants (including native English speakers) who have received their dental degree from a non U.S. dental school.
- Please note, for the 2023 cycle there will be a minimum score requirement of 100 and only the most recent score will be considered.
- TOEFL scores from July 2021 and later are required for admission.
- For additional info visit TOEFL Penn Dental Medicine’s TOEFL Institution Code is 2944 and the Department Code is 38 or 00 or “undergraduate.”
National Board Requirement Instructions
Official National Dental Board Examination (NDBE) Scores — passing official NBDE Part I and Part II, or INBDE scores are required for all applicants
Other Requirement Instructions
Applicants who are extended an interview are required to provide us with the following documentation either prior to or on the day of the scheduled interview. Do not send us these documents unless you have been extended an invitation to participate in the PASS interview process.
- Dental School Diploma – we will accept a notarized copy of your original dental school diploma with a certified English translation, if needed.
- Official Dental School Transcripts – we will accept either an original sealed official transcript or a notarized copy of your official dental school transcript. If your transcript is in a language other than English, we will require a certified English translation.