Loma Linda University
Dental Hygiene is an undergraduate program focused on preventive oral health services and continuing care. The purpose of the program is to develop dental hygienists who are prepared to practice professionally and are ready to adapt to future changes in the field of dentistry. The hygienist works in association with the dentist in private practice offices, industrial organizations, schools, hospitals, and local, state or federal public health services and the armed forces.
Email: email@example.com or call 909-558-4621.
|Program Type||Entry Level|
|Program Length||21 months|
|Application Deadline||June 1, 2023|
|Program Start Date||September 25, 2023|
|Credit Hours Required to Graduate||117 quarter units + pre-requisites|
|Accepts International Students||No|
|Supports Student Visa||No|
Required Standardized Tests
No standardized tests are required for this program.
- Requires supplemental application
- Requires supplemental fee
GPA of 3.0 or higher in science courses is recommended
AP Science prerequisite courses are not accepted
A grade of "C" or higher is required to meet LLUSD requirements
Science courses must be completed within Five (5) years of admission
Letters of Evaluations Instructions
2 Letters of Recommendation to be included with the DHCAS application and 1 Spiritual Leader Recommendation with the LLU Supplemental Application.
Other Requirement Instructions
- Proficiency in verbal and written English
- 20 hours minimum of observation/shadowing
- Dental assisting experience is strongly recommended.
- Three letters of reference: employer or dental professional, pre–professional committee or science professor uploaded with AADSAS application. A spiritual leader reference letter should be submitted along with the LLUSD supplemental application.
- A formal interview (by invitation only).
- Official transcripts from all schools attended.