The Ohio State University College of Dentistry
The Ohio State University's Dental Hygiene Baccalaureate Degree Completion Program is a flexible, online course of study that leads to a Bachelor of Science degree. This program is designed for licensed dental hygienists who hold an associate degree or certificate in dental hygiene from a CODA-accredited dental hygiene program. The program provides an opportunity for students to participate in a stimulating and educational environment that combines the general education aspects of a baccalaureate degree with advanced education in dental hygiene. Information is available at dentistry.osu.edu/dhy
|Program Type||Degree Completion|
|Program Size||10 (estimate)|
|Program Length||12-24 months|
|Application Deadline||May 1, 2023|
|Program Start Date||August 1, 2023|
|Credit Hours Required to Graduate||120|
|Accepts International Students||No|
|Supports Student Visa||No|
Required Standardized Tests
No standardized tests are required for this program.
- Transcripts are required from all colleges previously attended.
- Students who are enrolled in their entry level dental hygiene program in spring semester should submit a current transcript with the application then submit a final transcript after spring semester grades have been added.
Letters of Evaluations Instructions
- Two letters of recommendation are required.
- For current students and recent graduates, one letter should be from the director of the dental hygiene program.
- The second can be from the clinical supervisor, a faculty member, or an employer; applicants who have been in practice for more than a year can submit two letters from employers or colleagues.
Other Requirement Instructions
Select from the options below to determine which program(s) are available in your state. We are working hard to expand the number of states in which each program is authorized. So even if the program you’re interested in is not currently available in your state, it may be in the future. https://online.osu.edu/state-authorization-eligibility/state-search